All applications for the Master of Science and Certificate Programs in Addiction Studies should be completed using the common VCU application portal. The link to this portal can be found below. Please read the instructions below the link BEFORE attempting to complete the application. You do not need to complete a separate application for King's College, London or the University of Adelaide. Application materials submitted here will be forwarded to them.
All applicants should read the following carefully before entering the application portal.
In the section related to "Intended Program of Study" note the following.
1. For Term of Entry, select "Fall 2018".
2. For "Intended Level of Study" select either Masters or Certificate. We do not offer doctoral level study at this time.
3. For "Intended Program of Study", select from the following:
Addiction Studies Adv. International (this is the 6-class certificate equivalent to a graduate diploma)
Addiction Studies Intermediate Intenational (this is the 3-class certificate)
4. Say "Yes" when asked if the program is an online or distance learning program.
All international applicants should note the following when completing the International/Immigration section.
1. You do not need to upload immigration documents, as you will not be coming to the US to study. Check "No" the questions "Have your documents been uploaded?" and "Do you have a visa?"
2. You do not need to complete the called "Immigration Information"
3. You DO need to scroll down to the section titled "for International Applicants Only" to complete information about submission of IELTS and TOEFL scores if you are required to submit them.
4. If you have submitted a full English-language transcript indicating that you have received your baccalaureate degree (it must indicate all courses taken and all marks given) and copy of your diplomas, you DO NOT need to obtain an outside course-by-course evaluation of your degree. We will have a local credential evaluator complete this. If you already have obtained such an evaluation, please do feel free to upload it.
5. Check "YES" to the statement at the bottom of this section that states "I understand that Virginia Commonwealth University requires a course-by-course evaluation for all courseworktaken outside the US and either financial documents or a sponsorship letter to issue an I-20 if I will travel to the US for my studies."
Please complete the online expression of interest form at this time, link below, and we will contact you with further information.
** Please note that completion of the expression of interest form is not an application for admission. **
Expression of Interest
Please complete this form if you are interested in one of the IPAS programs. The information in this form will assist us with answering any questions you may have. Please be sure to include an email address so that we may contact you.